This course is designed for project managers who want to proactively reduce the probability of project failure. In this course, you will learn to use proven approaches and techniques specific to risk management. You will learn to plan and analyze projects so as to minimize risk in a formal environment. You will identify, analyze, and address uncertainty throughout the project lifecycle and incorporate lessons learned and industry best practices related to risk management. You will apply PMI risk management processes in a practical way to eliminate, mitigate, and minimize threats while maximizing and optimizing opportunities.
- Identify and assess project risks.
- Manage uncertainty in terms of both opportunities and threats
- Understand the importance and develop a risk management plan
- Conduct qualitative risk assessments in order to rank risks
- Conduct quantitative risk assessments in order to adequately budget for uncertainty
- Develop risk response plans for significant risks
- Monitor and control risks throughout the duration of the project.